This summer we (Anna, Emily, and Olivia) plan to attend camp Sonlight. We went with our church last year and had a wonderful time. At camp we studied church history, Eschatology (the study of the end-times), church leadership, and we learned about a group of missionaries. It was a real blessing to go to a church camp that actually taught the Bible to the young people.
This year, we are memorizing Romans 12 and Psalm 119 parts A and B. I am posting the passages because they are wisdom-rich words from God that are "...profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness..." (II Timothy 3:16).
1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God which is your reasonable service.
2) And be not conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.
3) For I say, through the grace given unto to me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
4) For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
5) so we, being many are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
6) Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophecy according to the proportion of faith;
7) or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;
8) or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that showeth mercy, with cheerfulness.
9) Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which in evil; cleave to that which is good.
10) Be kindly affectioned on to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
11) not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
12) rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
13) distributing to the necessity of the saints; given to hospitality.
14) Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
15) Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
16) Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
17) Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
18) If if be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
19) Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine, I will repay, saith the Lord.
20) Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink; for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21) Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
1) Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord.
2) Blessed are they that keep his testimonies and that seek him with the whole heart.
3) They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
4) Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
5) O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
6) Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
7) I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgements.
8) I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.
9) Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to they word.
10) With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.
11) Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
12) Blessed art thou, O Lord: teach me thy statutes.
13) With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth.
14) I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.
15) I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.
16) I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.
We are doing well, so far. Emily, Olivia, and I have Romans 12 almost word perfect! Praise the Lord! :D Please pray that we will have these words not only in our minds but hidden in our hearts as well!
Blessings to all,
Anna~on behalf of the Stone girls ;)
"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:" ~Romans 1:20